Google believes in a future where web apps look and work just like native apps. Progressive Web Apps is a concept in this direction, championed by Google.
Push Notifications is one of the main components of the Progressive Web. However, it is not always fun to see almost all the websites you visit ask your permission to show notifications. This article explains how to stop websites from showing this notification asking permissions to show more notifications in the future.
Disable “Show Notifications” Prompt In Chrome
Here is how to disable this prompt:
- Go to Settings > Show advanced settings > Content Settings.
- Under Notifications choose one of the following options:
- Allow all sites to show notifications: I am assuming this is not something that you want!
- Ask when a site wants to show notifications: This is the default setting and the reason why you are seeing those alerts. You don’t want this either, right?
- Do not allow any site to show notifications: You won’t see any notifications from websites. I am guessing this is what you were looking for?
Disable “Show Notifications” On Chrome For Android
On Chrome for Android, you will find this option under Chrome’s Settings > Notifications. The following two options are available:
- Ask first: This is the default setting. This allows websites to ask your permission to show notifications.
- Blocked: You won’t see any notifications from websites.
The option to allow all notifications are missing from the Android edition of Chrome, for reasons that you can imagine.
Hope you got this figured on now. Do you have any other annoying Chrome feature that you would like to disable? Drop us a comment.