Google Chrome and Edge might show you Fix ‘This Video Can’t Be Played (Error Code 224003)’ error while watching videos. Here are a few troubleshooting steps to fix this error.
This Video Can’t Be Played (Error Code 224003)
It is annoying to get an error code when all you want to do is watch a YouTube video or stream a Netflix show. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix this error.
- Check your internet connection – Is it slow? Try changing the connection or restarting the router.
- Try Incognito – Use the Incognito mode on your browser and see if that makes any difference.
- Update Chrome – Are you using the latest version of Google Chrome? Update Chrome and try again if you are not.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration on Chrome -If you are using Hardware Acceleration on Chrome, try disabling it. Go to Settings > System to turn hardware acceleration off.
- Follow Google’s troubleshooting steps – Google has a collection of troubleshooting steps for common browser problems. Follow the instructions here.
- Reset Chrome – Reset Google Chrome’s settings from Settings > Reset > Reset settings to their defaults.
Did you manage to get the video working? Let me know which step resolved your issue or ask your questions in the comments form below.