English is the default language on your Chromebook. However, you can change this to one of the available languages. Or maybe you are looking for a way to switch your Chromebook language back to English. This article will show you how to change the language on a Chromebook.
With that, all your system information, settings, and notifications will start displaying in the new language.
How do you do that? Let me show you.
Change language on Chromebook
To change the language on your Chromebook:
To access your Chromebook’s touchpad settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click and expand Advanced.
- Click Languages and input.
- Click Languages and input on the right pane.
- Under Languages, check if you have added your preferred language. If not, click Add languages.
- Search and find your languages and click the checkbox to select them.
- Click Add.
- After adding your language to the list, click the three-dots menu against the language and choose “Show system text in this language“.
- Restart your Chromebook.
After the restart, you will see your Chromebook’s interface and notifications using the new language.
What is the shortcut to change language on Chromebook?
Do you prefer keyboard shortcuts to mouse clicks? Here you go:
To your language, press Ctrl + Shift + Space. Keep pressing this key combination and stop when your preferred language is selected.
To switch back, press Ctrl + Space.
Did you get it to work? Let us know in the comments for any follow-up questions. Were you looking for the official documentation for language on Chromebook? Click here.