There are two ways to enable Gmail desktop notifications. One method is to turn off notifications from Gmail settings. The second method is to block notifications using Google Chrome settings.
Let us take a look at both these options.
Enable Notifications from Gmail Settings
When you enable notifications from Gmail settings, it turns off notifications across computers and browsers. If you do not want desktop notifications on all computers you use (if you use multiple), this is the way to go.
To enable notifications from Gmail settings:
- Click the gear icon on the top-right corner of Gmail.
- Select See All Settings.
- In the General tab, scroll down to Desktop Notifications.
- Select New mail notifications on to enable notifications.
You have now enabled desktop notifications for your Gmail account.
Enable Gmail Notifications on Google Chrome
Here is how to enable notifications from Gmail on your Google Chrome browser.
- Open Gmail in a tab.
- Click the lock icon on the address bar.
- Choose Site Settings.
- From the Notifications drop-down, select Allow.
You have now turned on notifications from the Gmail app on Google Chrome.
I hope you found this tutorial useful. Ask your questions in the comments form below.