Google has added an Import and Export options for Google Chrome. Here is how it is done.
Export or Import Passwords With Google Chrome
To get started, you will need to enable a flag. This will be required until this feature graduates out of the status of the flag.
Go to chrome://flags and look for Password import and export. The direct URL to access this flag is: chrome://flags/#password-import-export
From the dropdown, choose Enabled and restart Chrome. This should enable the import/export password option for you.
- Go to chrome://settings
- Click Show advanced settings …
- Under Passwords and forms, click Manage passwords
- Find the Export and Import icons on this screen.
- If you are exporting your login details, use the Export option, and save the file.
- To import, click Import and select the file from your device.
We will have to wait for the official announcement of this feature to see if importing from Firefox and other browsers will be supported. I would assume that it will. Firefox does have an option to export passwords.
The file that Chrome generates when you export passwords include website addresses, usernames, and passwords. Be VERY careful about what you do with this file. Delete the file as soon as you complete want you intended to do.