Unable to cast Netflix to Chromecast? These troubleshooting steps will come handy the next time your Chromecast says it cannot cast videos.
The most popular app on my Chromecast is Netflix. I am sure this is true for a lot of you here. These troubleshooting steps for Netflix on Chromecast will come handy the next time your Chromecast has a brain freeze, saying it won’t cast anything.
Netflix Chromecast Not Working – The Basics
The first thing that I recommend doing when you are unable to cast, is trying to cast from other devices within the same WiFi network, including your laptop or Chromebook. This will help you isolate the issue. If casting works from other devices, this means the issue is with the Netflix app on your phone or maybe the Home (previously Google Cast) app and not the Chromecast device itself.
You can also try casting from any other service, for example YouTube, to identify if the issue is related to Netflix app, or Chromecast device or its app.
If casting is not working from any of the devices within the same WiFi network, concentrate on troubleshooting for the Chromecast.
Here are a few basic things to check when your are unable to cast from Netflix:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Netflix and Google Home apps installed.
- Netflix does not like extra characters in Chromecast’s name. Make sure that your Chromecast’s name does not have any special character. In case you have, it configured with some extra characters in the name, here is how to rename your Chromecast.
- Try clearing cache from your Netflix app on Android. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Netflix > Storage and touch Clear Cache.
- Try clearing cache for the Google Home app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Home > Storage and touch Clear Cache.
- If clearing cache did not work, try deleting the app’s data. This will force you to log in to the Netflix app again. To do this, Settings > Apps > Netflix > Storage and touch Clear Data.
- As a last resort, reset your Chromecast. After a reset, you will have to set up your Chromecast again.
Chromecast Icon Missing From Netflix App
Here are a few things to try when the Chromecast icon is no longer present on your Netflix app:
- Close the Netflix app and open it again.
- Restart your phone.
- Try clearing cache of the Netflix app on your Android phone.
There Is A Problem Playing This Title At The Moment
This is yet another common error message while casting Netflix videos to Chromecast. Here are a few things to try:
- Close the Netflix app completely and try again.
- Restart your phone and try again.
- Reboot Chromecast.
Do you have any other Chromecast troubleshooting steps to share? Drop me a comment.