When Rex Roof’s CR48 stopped charging, he contacted Chromebook Ninjas for help. “Chromebook Ninjas” is the support team at Google helping the Cr48 users with their Chromebooks.
Here is the tip he received from them and it actually worked. So, when your Cr48 Chromebook’s battery stops charging, try this.
- Plug the power adapter into a live outlet.
- In one-second intervals, connect and disconnect the power adapter to the Chrome Notebook (1 second plugged in, 1 second unplugged, 1 second plugged in, etc).
- Do this about 12 to 24 times.
- An orange light should appear near where the power adapter connects to the notebook.
- Once the orange light appears, allow the system to fully charge for 2 to 3 days.
You may be required to plug and unplug several times before the orange light will come on.
Please do not forget to post a comment if this worked. Also, Chromebook’s community manager +Melissa Daniels suggested the replacement power adapter that will work with your Cr48.